Type systems, too many, too much?
Type systems are an invasive species. They accumulate features and get adopted by formerly “untyped" languages. What do they have to offer? What should they offer in the future? Join our dispute on the usefulness of type systems. Among others, we will discuss:
- Why care about type systems?
- What are some success stories of advanced type systems?
- What is a big challenge of type systems?
- Should type systems be optional?
- Should advanced type systems be designed for experts or everyone?
Fri 10 JunDisplayed time zone: Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna change
11:00 - 12:30
|Type systemsExpert Discussion
|How to Take the Inverse of a TypeECOOP 2022
|Union and intersection contracts are hard, actuallyHub Talk
Hub TalksLink to publication DOI
|Global Type Inference for Featherweight Generic JavaVCOOP 2022ECOOP 2022